I've discovered a delicious snack: Kale Chips. This is through the program that I'm doing the detox through, Standard Process. I would never have thought that Kale would be so delicious! It usually shows up on my plate as a garnishment, but with this recipe, I've been eating it like crazy. Not only is it delicious, it's also healthy and cheap!!!! Here's the recipe if you would like to try it:
Kale Chips
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
Preheat oven to 350. Line a non-insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper. With a knife or kitchen shears carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite-size pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner. Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with Celtic Sea Salt®. Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes.
*If you like garlic, add that too!*
Beauty: Just want to say that I'm very thankful for God's beautiful creation, especially with all the soccer players playing in the World Cup. I'm just sayin'. :)
3 comments:
I've been meaning to tell you: we LOVE Standard Process! I love their multivitamins made from organ meats. I give Q. the Catalyn Chewable and she eats it right up!
Anyhow, your kale chips recipe looks good...but I have never seen kale at the store before. I might order some from my co-op next month so I can try it! If the kids likes it, even better!
Hey Bran! I do love their stuff! I've been thinking about ordering some of their products for after I'm done with the detox. So, it's good to hear that you guys like it. One question...their multivitamin is made from organic meat? That sounds so strange. Usually aren't they made out of veggies?
Kale: Ok. It took me awhile to find kale too, but you know what I figured out? They are being used as decoration for the back wall where the veggies are!!!! Seriously, that's how I found them. :) I think you'll like it. It crisp and it's tasty! Let me know how it goes for the kiddos!
I am a big fan of their Catalyn product, and some of the vitamins in that come from plant sources, and some from animal sources. The only thing I don't like about it is that it conatins soy lecithin, of which I am not a big fan, but I console myself that it is organic and non-GMO.
Okay, so here is the deal with vitamins from organ (like liver, kidney, etc.) meats: they are the most bioavailable of vitamins. Liver, for instance, along with cod liver oil, is the highest and best quality source of vitamin D you're going to find (other than making it yourself from the sun, of course). Liver and sea animals are the best for B-12 and K-2. Some plants contain B-12 and K and a precursor to A, but they are in a form that is hard to digest and use, so the animal sources are preferred.
Catalyn is not a full-spectrum vitamin though...it just has a few of the most important vitamins from the most bio-available sources. The nice part about all of Standard Process' products is that they are so reasonably priced.
I actually use Mannatech's PhytoMatrix as a full-spectrum vitamin. The Catalyn (I buy the chewable) is for Q. and O. because overall I prefer to just eat liver and sea meats occasionally instead buying them in a pill. There is a new vitamin out there that is even better than any of these, but it is HUGELY expensive, so the only time we've bought it was when Si was just getting out of the hospital and was totally malnourished.
I love this stuff. You should read the book Real Food. I think you'd like it!
ps. Thanks for the kale tip! At least now I know what it looks like! :)
Post a Comment