Sunday, July 04, 2010

DETOX DAY 4 + 5

First of all, HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY EVERYONE!!!!!  Hope you're having a great day celebrating!

Yesterday marks the 4th day of my detox (www.standprocess.com).  I would have to say that it was the hardest day yet.  The shakes weren't enough and I lost my appetite to eat any more veggies.  I really wish we could have watermelon, but it's not on the list.  So I got mad at the list.  See what not eating what I want does to me?  I become cranky!  C-R-A-N-K-Y!!!!  I had some raw cucumbers and carrots for dinner and it was really hard for me to swallow down.  I wanted meat so badly.  By 11pm, I was starving, so I made some broccoli, which at this point in hunger I could pretty much consume anything and it would taste good.  Needless to say, I went to bed happy.

Today, is the 5th day of the detox.  I got out of bed and was totally dizzy.  So, I've made a decision that I would cheat a bit to help nourish my body.  If you know me, cheating is not an option, so even with this, I had to contemplate long and hard the consequences.  I even ended up telling myself that I can endure dizziness every time I stood up for the next 17 more days.  Then my senses would kick in and tell me, "Grace, you are dizzy because you are lacking the nutrients."  Senses wins.  :)  Well...who knew that adding a cup of soy milk to my shake would liven things up in my body!  In an instant I felt so much better.  It's weird how when you avoid things that your body needs for awhile, how quickly it absorbs it at the same time.

I know the detox is what I need to do.  I need to clean out my body of all its toxins.  I've already felt the pros of it...weight loss and more energy.  Boy, oh boy, it's hard to be disciplined when it comes to food.

I will get pass this.  Thanks for journeying with me.

No comments: