Sunday, April 20, 2008

SOAKING TIME.

We have a class for kids during Sunday night service where they have "soaking" time with God. Each kid brings a pillow, journal and Bible with them. As they "soak" they are encourage to write down the images, words, colors...basically whatever they see or hear from God. After the time of soaking, they are encouraged to it with the group about what God has shown them. It's amazing what these kids hears and sees from God. I have SO much to learn from them.

I love the idea and phrase of "soaking with the Lord." Elaine and I started to use the phrase with one another, "Hey, have you had your soaking time with the Lord today?" It's a wonderful reminder that God wants to talk to us and we need to give Him that time and space to do that. I am excited to see how God is going to speak to me (visions, words, colors, etc... or maybe a combination). I am eager to hear Him because He has good things to say to me.

So....have you had YOUR soaking time with the Lord?

1 comment:

Dominic and Kimberly said...

Hi Grace. I love this post. I look forward to using it with my children. I have suddenly found myself with a lot of time on my hands in between the millions of loads of laundry I'm doing. You have encouraged me to spend some "soaking time".