Sunday, March 18, 2007

LIFE IS SWEET!

Sometimes a small gesture can make your day! Sometimes you just need a little picker upper to encourage you on. Sometimes you just want to know how lucky you are to be at the place your working at. Sometimes those little things are ways God reminds you that you are very special to Him. Those "sometimes" are so crucial in life, especially mine. It makes life so much sweeter!

Last Friday, I had to go to a board member's office to get a check signed. Before I left, my co-worker, Dianne, asked me to asked Lindsay, the secretary at the office, if they have any youth books. I followed her orders but was wondering why I would be asking for youth books from a legal secretary. I didn't question Dianne. I just went and followed directions.

I was very shocked when I found out what this board member did exactly. He's a lawyer. He's the lawyer for John and Staci Eldrege, Beth Moore. Rob Bell, and John Maxwell just to name a few. I was in total shock when I was taken to the back. There were just books after books after books! Lindsay just kept handing me books for Dianne and when I told her that I love John Eldrege, she gave me two hardcover books! And then she told me that I can just go back there and grab books whenever I wanted. I was kind of in a state of shock to find out how big this lawyer was and yet he's so down to earth and serves on the board of Open Doors. It was pretty amazing.

When I got back to the office, I was on cloud nine! It was just a great end to the week! It's those little things makes my day and life so much better! It was what I needed after feeling lousy for the week. It was that picker upper that I needed to keep doing my job. I felt so lucky and honored to be working there. All those connections! If you want a book or two by any of those authors mentioned, please let me know and I'll try my best to get them for you!

No comments: