Sunday, March 11, 2007

HALF WAY AROUND THE WORLD

First of all, I just want to dedicate this blog entry to Gina. Gina: This one is just for you! :)

Yesterday night, my friend Archana and I talked via computer thru Google Talk. She lives in Sydney, Australia and we talked for free! My parents and I talk through Skype. With Skype, you need to prepaid for your service. $10 goes a long way! It's been 6 months and I still have $5.00 left on the account. The best part with Skype is that if my parents are online, we can talk for free and they live on the other side of the planet! It's pretty amazing how technology has transformed. I can't even imagine living any other way.

Well, here's a little update from me. The audit is over. It really wasn't bad at all. Thank you for all those who prayed for me. It was totally a breeze. Now I just have a ton of filing to do again. Those auditors ask for a bunch of things that needed to be pulled out and now there's a huge stack. Fun!

Anyway, on to better things. Last weekend I went to see Zodiac and Amazing Grace. Both were great movies. Zodiac is more on the creepy side and Amazing Grace on the heart-warming side. Even though they are on the opposite spectrum, they were well directed and well written. This past Friday, I saw 300. Ummmmmm, yeah, LOVED IT! It's definitely going to be part of my movie collection. I would buy Amazing Grace too. Zodiac is just a little too eerie to own.

Yesterday, we threw a shower to Dana. Yup, Dana Pearson is getting married in less than a month! Her best friend, Beth and Rahime did a beautiful job planning this special event. It was right out of a Martha Stewart magazine. We had enough food to feed a small country. The whole thing was just so beautiful.

Anyway, I guess I should get back to work now. Ever since the auditors left, I haven't been wanting to work. Strange.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for dedicating this post to me! I have never before had the honor of having a dedication on a blog. For this, I'd like to thank the Academy... :)
Love you, Gracie!