Monday, January 30, 2006

Happy Chinese New Year!

Happy Chinese New Year! This is the year of the dog. So, if you were born in the year of 1922, 1934, 1946, 1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006, this is your year! To learn more about Chinese Zodiac, check out this website.

My family started the celebration on Saturday, 1/28, New Year's Eve. We went over to my aunt's "MahJong/Party" apartment for dinner and of course, MahJong. On Sunday, lunch was at a Seafood Restaurant and dinner back to my aunt's place for leftovers and more MahJong. This time I played. I lost about $10 because I had no clue what I was doing. Finally, one of my cousins, decided he wouldn't take my money because I really didn't know how to play. That was very sweet of him. On Monday, the family spent the day at a Spa Resort. I ended up going to a museum with one of my girl cousins instead. At night, we had reserved a private room at a restaurant that had Karaoke. The food was endless, people were singing to their hearts content, and there was a table for Blackjack. It was a fun 3-day event.

This is just a simplified version of the 3-day event. We had so much fun with one another. We were loud and obnoxious that we thought someone would call the police on us. We had tons of food. And the best part of it was that we were all together as a family!

I was thinking that I would upload pictures of the celebration, but I didn't take any! I brought my camera to all of the events, but was so caught up with other things that I forgot to take pictures!

Well, I'm officially back in the States now. It feels so weird to be back after such a long trip. I feel a little disconnected. I had such a great time in Taiwan and the fact that I didn't have to worry about life for awhile was so nice. Now, that I'm back, it's going to take a few days to re-orient myself and start up what was put on pause for the last six weeks. We shall see what kind of "
Unplanned Adventure" this will take me! Please pray for me. I would greatly appreciate it! =)

For now, I'm going to try to recover from jetlag and disorientation. =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grace, welcome back! You were missed, but I am glad you had such an enriching time with your family. When you have time, I'm sure we'd all like to hear what you have planned next. =)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're back safe and sound. I always feel disoriented after being gone for a week, so I can imagine how weird it must feel for you to be back. The jet lag alone is a killer. I believe in you though! =) Keep us posted.