To be quite honest, I'm not really sure what MahJong is all about, except that everyone in my family (except my parents and I) are addicts! I mean, my aunt bought a place across the street from where she lives just to host MahJong parties. She charges a flat fee to play and she provides the food & place.
For those who are wondering what MahJong is, I've found this website. Honestly, I'm not even quite sure what it's all about. Everytime I try to play and think I finally have it down, there will be new rules. And if I try to play with my aunt, they will get so frustrated because I'm REALLY SLOW. I get a headache just by watching them. They are super duper fast!
So, maybe I should buy this game and it could be the next game that we are addicted to? =) It will be a new trend.
Just a side note....MahJong is so popular in China that everywhere, and I mean everywhere, you go, there are room after room of people playing MahJong. Vendors play MahJong behind their stands, store owners play MahJong at the front of the store, families play MahJong in their living room. It's crazy!
So, hopefully this helped! I wonder if they will be addicted to Nertz or Settlers? =)
3 comments:
LOVE Mahjong! I play it on my computer... It's different than Nertz or Settlers but right up there with fun games to play... I got your email Grace and will respond soon... Dumb school work getting in the way of writing a meaningful email... I can think about Mahjong because it takes no brain power... everything else takes brain power... and I've got little to spare! Miss you!
I'm sure it's great, but I must admit that my whole brain froze up just trying to check out that website you linked to...You will have to teach us in person! MahJong party at my place! =)
MahJong Party at the Vencels! =) Yeah, I know what you mean, Bran. I get a headache just playing! It's suppose to be really fun though once you know what you're doing. Remember the first time playing Settlers? I think we drove Brian and Johnny crazy! But we finally got it down and played all the time! Memories....
Grace
Post a Comment