Sunday, January 22, 2006

A Few Pictures from China & Hong Kong

I love this picture! These girls were staring at me like I was from outer space or something. Seriously. They just kept staring and whispering & laughing to one another. So, finally, I took the camera out and viola! They posed! They were so excited and when they saw it on the screen of the digital camera, I instantly became their best friend.

Out of all the taxis and buses, this was my favorite type of transportation. It's not comfortable at all. It's loud and it's small and due to my long legs, it's gets pretty cramped. But it's fun! My poor parents. It only cost around $0.50! It's about the same price for a nice taxis, but hey, it's all about the experience! Want to take a wild guess what this thing is called?


View from the back window of my favorite transportation. I'm thinking of getting one of these for myself. Do you think it'll become a trend in the States?

Market in China. Lovely isn't it? This is actually a pretty clean spot. Despite the fact that there are trash everywhere, the vegetables are to die for! I ate to my heart's content! It was so delicious!


Lady+ Sugar Canes= Sugar Cane Lady. Yup! That's all she sold. Pure sugar. We bought two long sticks for about the same amount to take my favorite transportation. We ended up giving her a tip for shaving and cutting it up for us.

People washing clothes at a nearby stream. Ducks going into stream for their morning bath.

Hong Kong at night. The picture doesn't do justice. It was a little foggy that night. But in person, it's spectacular!


Am I a photographer or what? Well, this was my attempt to take a picture of the tall buildings at night on top of a moving double decker bus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool pictures. Love the one of you and your family -1. Hong Kong is "tight" as my students would say.