Yeah. I love Mondays. Yes, you should be able to detect sarcasm. Today, I went to work for about 2.5 hours and then took the rest of the day off. I've been working a lot lately and finally found the need to take some time off to recuperate! I think the need came also after the fact that I keep finding strands of gray hair on top of my head. As many of you know, I have A LOT of hair, so to detect even a strand of gray hair is usually not possible. So, yes, 10 gray hair=day of rest.
Well, the last two weeks of my life took me for a loop. A lot has changed at my job, University Praise. We gained a lead pastor and 2 employees has resigned. So, my anxieties for the new year is VERY, VERY high! Please pray for me as I go through the transitions as well as God's will for this church. Lots are happening right now and lots more are to come. Please keep me in your prayers.
On to some fun things...Yesterday night we had a church potluck and game night. It was so much fun! I played a game of Seafarers of Catan. It was crazy. All the cards were flipped upside down and you're just pretty much basing it on luck where you place your settlements! It was so much fun! My friends created new rules to this game. It was crazy! I was one point away from winning. I had all the cards in my hand to make that happen, but out of no where my friend went from having 7 points to gaining the longest road card and building a city and settlement for the win! Let me say it again...It was CRAZY!
After the game, people pretty much left to go back home. But the few that stayed behind, we played a couple of rounds of Apples for Apples. This definitely will go on my list for favorite games! If you haven't played it before, it's worth buying the game and playing with about 5 to 6 players. Any less would not be as fun, but still could be. Anything more will just be too many. Let me just tell you, it was a great game! I am going to eventually invest in it. It's pretty addicting.
So, that's a little recap on my weekend. I hope you all had a pretty good weekend! Please drop me a note/comment to let me know what you are up to!
Peace out!
1 comment:
You're in demand! Write more, please! I love and miss you...did you get my last email?
Post a Comment