Monday, December 13, 2010

SIMPLE THINGS in LIFE #4: NO MORE FACEBOOK!!!

I have been detoxing from Facebook for a couple of weeks now.  It has been so freeing.  But just last week, I officially "DELETED" my Facebook.  Before, my account was on deactivate mode which means that when I'm ready to get back on, all my friends, statuses, pictures, comments, etc. will all still be there.  But after discussing this with a friend and helping another friend delete their account, I officially did it too.  To be quite honest, I don't miss it at all.  I thought I would go through withdrawals, but I'm doing quite fine and I actually feel happier.  I often describe my Facebook experience like being on drugs.  When I was on it, I couldn't stop checking it.  But now that I 'm not on it, I don't miss it one bit.  Also, it's so nice that I don't have to read any more statuses!  

1 comment:

Dominic and Kimberly said...

Grace, I'm with you and this one. Staying away from facebook is freeing! It's funny how all of these things that are supposed to make life easier become chains that hold us back.