Last night I met with a close friend for dinner and we caught up with each other's lives. The main topic of the night was about our Christian journey and how we're both on parallel/similar track right now. We are "rediscovering" what Church means to us and trying to breakaway the things that has been ingrained in us on how to be a "good" Christian. In the midst of our conversation, she asked me how my counseling was coming along. I told her that I think it's strange and funny that I have to pay someone to tell me that it's normal for me to be on this journey I'm on and that I'm not a bad Christian. We laughed a bit and then felt sad that people in the Christian community cannot support and/or encourage me on this journey and I have to pay good money for a professional to tell me so.
So, why is it so hard for people to understand that I don't want to be on the same journey they are on and that I have my own journey to discover?
No comments:
Post a Comment