Recently, I've found a new appreciation for being born in Taiwan. That new appreciation is my Taiwan passport. As many of you know, I was never fond of my heritage/culture just because of the way I grew up. God has been dealing with me on that in the last couple of years and just within the recent months, I've discovered how lucky I am to have dual citizenship.
I'm in the process of getting my Taiwan passport renewed. It will allow me into countries where having an American passport is looked down upon, harder to get in and costing a whole lot more due to visas. I love this country for all the freedom that we have and compared to a lot of the other places, we have a pretty good government...only when it's compared to other countries. :) But even with all that, traveling abroad with an American passport is actually not as safe as you think.
I've gotten a lot of comments lately from work how lucky I am that I have a Taiwan passport and that I need to take advantage of it. So, I am. God is definitely up to something...I know it. I can't share all the details yet, but little by little I am appreciating the power of being born in Taiwan. THANK YOU GOD!
So, if you can just pray for this process to go smoothly and for God to keep revealing His plans to me, I would greatly appreciate it!!!! Love you all!
2 comments:
I won't let you go!!!
Very cool Grace!!
Post a Comment