I've been meaning to write this post two weeks ago. I was on my way back from San Jose to Orange County. A young man sat next to me and struck up a conversation because he was curious to what I was reading: Mudhouse Sabbath. We chit chatted from the time he sat down till we got our luggage. We had a good conversation, but the part that got me was when I found out a little bit about his life. You see, he's 27, married with 3 kids, working full time at the Apple store, full time seminary student, children's pastor at church and takes turn to watch the kids when his wife goes in for work as a nurse. At the end of his list, he caught me off guard by saying that he LOVES his life and he wouldn't change anything. After hearing that, I started laughing. He asked me why I was laughing and told him that I just took a month off to take a break from life because I couldn't handle my very, very, very simple life and my one job. We both started laughing and he told me not to feel bad. Different people handle life differently. I think he was being nice but probably thinking "Wow, this girl is crazy!"
From that conversation, I just told myself: P-E-R-S-P-E-C-T-I-V-E!!!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment