Usually I'll listen to my iPod or just have the stereo off in the car, but today I wanted to do something different. I actually pulled out a stash of old Cd's and randomly picked one and put it into the CD player. It was Out of Eden. It totally took my mind back to the good old Sigma days! It was great! Here are some of the things I remember:
1. Playing Nertz in our room...We would squeeze everyone in and it was crazy trying to keep track of all the cards.
2. All the birthday celebrations. It felt like we had one every week! I remember making posters after posters. Good times.
3. Brick making party at the beginning of the year to keep our door open at 45 degrees when guys are in our room.
4. Gathering in the hallway to go to Chapel, lunch and dinner. Remember how we would squeeze everyone around a round table because no one was to be left out? It was pretty amazing how we made it work!
5. All fitting into Brandy's car to go to church, beach, anywhere our freshmen year.
6. Late night chats. Lots and lots of those.
7. GYRADS. Too overrated.
8. ROTIC dinners. Loved it.
9. Saturday breakfasts and Sunday brunch. They were the best.
10. Whatever was left over from lunch and seeing it as "something something stir fry" for dinner. I do not miss those!
11. Singspiration.
12. Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony
13. Common Ground and Eagle's Nest.
What are some of your memories? Please share!
5 comments:
I love OUt of Eden!
Memories...me eating your entire Costco-sized bag of Cheez-It Snack Mix the first week I met you...Acting out Veggie Tales...your very first roommate!...Mingle 'Til You Tingle during SOS week...checking our mailboxes every day...Sarah's face on the first day she didn't get any mail or packages - it was like a month into the semester!!...visiting the Crystal Palace in Bakersfield...so many memories!!
I had forgotten about the bricks! I loved decorating those, but I don't recall having much cause for the 45 degree door those first couple years.... I guess Si did come down on occasion. Good times! I think of Nertz every time I hear the old Shania Twain CD, the So I Married an Axe Murderer soundtrack, or Parent Trap! Ahhhh......
I remember trivia at Common Grounds.
I hope my parents don't read number 5! :)
I remember...how happy we all were when Laurie moved to our floor.
The bust of E.T.!
Good times in Huntington Beach, where we pretended to study on the beach, at Starbucks, etc.
Hi , I found your blog by searching for "Nertz" online. It is cool to see others that know the game. I hope you don't mind but I just wanted to let you know about playnertz.com. It has got a bunch of Nertz information there as well as videos and online Nertz games. Feel free to check it out. Also you and your friends/family are welcome to join fellow Nertz players in The National Nertz Association while you are there.
Post a Comment