Monday, June 19, 2006

My First Day of Work.

Well, today was my first official day. It was fun yet very overwhelming. By 3:30 pm, my brain was pretty much fried! My manager looked at me and said "why don't we just continue tomorrow." I don't know if it's my dazed look or the fact that I looked really tired that gave it away. But overall, I had fun. I cut my first set of checks. I loved it! I did my first bank reconciliation. I loved that too.
Anyway, we'll see about tomorrow. So much to learn. Please continue to pray that I will be able to soak everything in.
Also, I've been neglecting the prayer requests lately. I'm sorry. I want to start that again. So, if you have any, please let me know and I'll post it. I've experienced so much the last six months and I know I couldn't have gone through everything without your prayers and encouragements. I am so lucky to have each one of you as my friend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see an update! I was going to email you and see how things were. :) I'm glad to hear you like your tasks, even if they are difficult to learn. Liking it makes it all easier!

As far as prayers...we need a bigger car by Christmas. Or for Christmas! :) We are hoping for an SUV with good cargo space to make it easier for us to travel as a family, but no matter what we get, we have to have room for three carseats, or I can't go anywhere alone with the kids. Please pray that God makes a way to get a vehicle without going into debt for it...

Anonymous said...

i have been praying for you about your new job! it is overwhelming at first, but God will help you. i had no idea what i was doing when i first started and i know that even now my competence comes from God--i can't do any of what i'm doing on my own.

love ya,
ab