Monday, June 12, 2006

What I've Been Up To The Last 6.5 Months

1. God graciously pulled me out of a job.
2. Spent 5 weeks in Taiwan.
3. Spent 5 days in China.
4. Returned back to the States in February.
5. Read a lot of books. Good books. Helpful books.
6. Spend A LOT of time with just me and God.
7. Applied for a job. Went in for an interview. Got an offer. Turn down the job.
8. Spent more time with God.
9. Had dinners with friends.
10. Celebrated A.'s 1st birthday!
11. Applied for a job. Went in for an interview. Got an offer. Turn down the job.
12. Start volunteering at Open Doors.
13. Applied for the job that I thought I really wanted.
14. Start tempting at Open Doors.
15. Heard back from #13 and didn't get it.
16. Kept working at Open Doors.
17. Saw a couple of friends.
18. Spent more time with God.
19. Saw my parents in San Jose.
20. Heard back from #13 saying they would like an interview.
21. Heard back from #13 saying that I didn't make the cut.
22. Still at Open Doors.
23. Received a position offer from Open Doors.
24. Received another position offer from Open Doors.

25. Trip to Bakersfield for E.'s 4th B-day and had a fun time hanging out with good friends!
26. Able to "try out" for #24 for 1.5 days.
27. Spent more time with God and talking to friends about which job to choose.
28. Finally, I made a decision....
29. I'm now going to be the new Staff Accountant at Open Doors! (Yeah, I know. It's been pretty amazing how this all came about!)
30. God has graciously given me this bigger and better job for me!

It's been such an awesome 6 months! God has really taught me so much about life and about myself. I've been through good times, bad time, sad times, depressing times, frustrating times, etc. But through all of it, I've been so grateful for being able to go through it. I could not have done this without each one of you! So, thank you for going through it with me!

Please continue to pray that I will be able to grasp and learn the job quickly!

I love you all!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering what you decided! Way to take the challenging road, Grace! We are thrilled for you, and will be praying for your transition, of course. We love you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Gracie!! Accounting is very cool (and I'm not biased)! Love you and looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.

Gracie said...

Thanks gals! I really appreciate your support. I will definitely need it!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Gracie! I can't wait to hear more about it!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats G! Sounds like a great position with potential growth if ever you want it.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Grace!! God is good, isn't He? I'm so happy for you!