I Bring It To You
by Avalon from The Creed album
All of these words on paper
All of these thoughts in my head
The times I feel out of favor
The fear that sleeps in my bed
All of these stones in my pocket
My dreams that crashed on the shore
Faith when I thought I lost it
I lay it all at Your door
I bring it to You
There's wonder in all that You do
I bring You the scraps that make up my soul
You make me whole, I'm gold
I bring it to You
Songs I've shouted to heaven
The grace I've never deserved
All these gifts I've been given
The life that I find in Your word
I bring it to You
There's wonder in all that You do
I bring You the scraps that make up my soul
You make me whole, I'm gold
I bring it to You
I give You the glory
And I praise Your holy name
But more than anything
I bring You love
I bring You love
I bring it to You
There's wonder in all that You do
I bring You the scraps that make up my soul
You make me whole, I'm gold
I bring it to You I bring it to You
There's wonder in all that You do
I bring You the scraps that make up my soul
You make me whole, I'm gold
I bring it to You
I will have to admit, when I usually listen to a song on the radio or cd, I mostly listen to how it sounds more than what they are saying. I usually can sing along with it, but not computing what it is saying. Am I the only one that does that? Anyway, that wasn't my point. I wanted to share this song because it's has been a source of encouragement and hope for me. I love the part where it says "I bring You the scraps that make up my soul. You make me whole, I'm gold." Yeah. I've cried to this song. I've belted it out in my car, not thinking about who's around me. I've put it on repeat over and over again. This is a song that is a representation of my life right now.
Instead of prayer requests, I wanted to share this with you. Hopefully it can encourage you the same way it has for me.
Do you have an incredible song that has just touched your life? If so, please share!
5 comments:
That's a good one!
"it's just a spirit thing" by the newsboys, from one of their first albums. in college i was walking out of a class at cal state & i was really discouraged because i just felt like i was in the wrong class, majoring in the wrong thing. and i didnt get it because i truly felt the Lord leading me to major in tv & film. so i didn't get why nothing was 'clicking' and the classes were so difficult for me. someone else walked out of the class & said "you know, i just don't think this is for me." and i looked and her and said "me either." then as i was walking back to HIU, i started singing that song. i hadn't heard it in a long time & i didnt even realize what i was singing until i stopped to listen to myself. some of the lyrics are "it's just a spirit thing, its just a holy nudge, it's like a circuit judge in the brain. its just a spirit thing, it's here to guard my heart, it's just a little hard to explain...." i felt like the Lord was saying, even if you don't understand, or it is hard to explain to people, trust me. It's a [Holy] Spirit thing.
Thanks Abby for sharing! I will have to find that one and listen to it. I love a good song that sticks with you. I do have to admit though, back in college, Kim (my roommate) and I have "listen to the music in the dark" night. We would crank up the music and turn off all the lights and just listen. That was really cool. We would always play Jars of Clay and Michael W. Smith. It was amazing to be able to just listen without any interruptions and listen to the words.
Well, that's my two cents!
What a good idea! I'll have to do that sometime.
i downloaded that song off of itunes. i like it. it's a good one!
Post a Comment