Monday, April 03, 2006

Put the Puppy in the Bucket!

To my readers: I'm so sorry that I couldn't get this posted earlier today. But my computer decided to have a "moment" or two. It was being very disobedient. But, don't you worry, here it is! Enjoy!
You're probably thinking "What?!" to my title. It really doesn't mean anything. This morning, I was listening to KROQ on my way to work, and they were interviewing this guy. They were talking about how Larry the Cable Guy came up with a phrase and turned it into a 13 million dollar empire by selling it on t-shirts, mugs, etc. So, on the morning show, they decided that they were going to try to come up with a phrase and make it popular! So, that's where the title comes from. Every time I think about it, I would laugh to myself. All of a sudden, I would just start chuckling. I don't know why, but it's such a funny phrase to me! I actually used it in an email today too. I just busted up writing that email and just now when I wrote it on the subject line. My co-worker even made a comment about how I like to laugh by myself. =)

Well, this weekend was so much fun! I had a great time watching four episodes of Band of Brothers with my new friend Elaine. I really like her and we have so much fun together. The first time I had her over, she wrote me the day after how I was to be her encourager and motivator to live out life. It was so sweet. We both felt that God has brought us together at the right time. Also, she makes the best, and I mean the best, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies. We had leftovers and I hid it so my roommates won't find it and eat it. It's all mine! It's amazing! Now I just need ice cream and it will be perfect!

Then on Sunday, I hung out with Dana and Josh at Disneyland. We had so much fun. Josh was being "Ansel Adam" with the camera. We got on 3 rides during the 7 hours that we were there. We walked a lot! But the company was great and we laughed a lot! Those are the best times, you know. We saw a lot of girls wearing lingerie and really short shorts. We saw butt cracks and spewing of the boobs. Overall, it was a fun day.
Okay, now enough about me, let's get on with the prayer requests!
The Vencels: I feel we have so many praises! Si has a new job that he loves, things are going well at home so far without him here all the time, and both the kids are well at the same time for the first time in almost four months. My prayer requests would be for two events we are having at our home as part of our ministry. The first is on Friday night. It is called a PigFest and the purpose is to help members of our ministry learn to think through some cultural issues so that they will be better prepared to explain the faith to people they meet throughout their days (coworkers, etc.) So far, the signups are kind of low. Si had high hopes for this event! The second event is a women's fellowship I am planning to have at the house on Wednesday the 12th. We have had a lot of new couples join the ministry, so this will be a mixing of worlds--women who have been there for three years meeting with women who are brand new in the last few months. Pray that there will be an absence of cliques--and that there won't be any discipline problems with the children that come along.
Kim: Continue to pray for my job next year. They are revamping the entire special ed. program which means I can be placed at any of the 42 schools in the district. Please pray that I will feel confident wherever I am and that God will continue to use me in the lives of these hurting children.
Rahime: Here's an update: My friend has started working with me. She's great. We can keep praying that we find a few more students for her. I talked to Lauren, and she's doing well too. She got a job at a law office that basically fell into her lap. Praise God! Pray that it'll help build her confidence.
Kristie: Pray for Nate. He is studying for his Oral Exam, which he will take the first week of May. Pray that God will reward all his hard effort and that I would be a supportive wife through this final push. Thanks!
Gina: Things are starting to move along with the LBPD. Last week, they started their background check with neighbors, co-workers, friends and family. Pray for continue guidance with the whole process.
Grace: Pray for wisdom, guidance and strength.
Pray for for my friends, the Zahrndts. They just became foster parents to two teenage kids. One has really bad health problems and needs a lot of attention. They also have 3 kids of their own. They are such courageous people and felt that God has opened this opportunity up to them. Pray for their transition and guidance during this time.
If you have any updates or additions, please let me know! Have a great week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a praise. My work asked me to attend a major tradeshow with them in July in Denver, CO. This is a great opportunity, and the person in my position doesn't usually get to go. God is good.