Sunday, March 19, 2006

This Week in Review.

So, I've been volunteering at Open Doors 2-3 times a week. They have put me on this semi-long term project. Recently, they've switched their whole database system. So, now, I'm going through their never-ending church list and making changes and additions into their new system.

While researching information online for different churches, I came across two that I just couldn't stop laughing about because of their name and location. The first one is this church called Scary Creek Church of God located at 340 Scary Road. The second one is named Scary Free Will Baptist Church.
---------------------------------------------------
I know I'm late on asking this. Please let me know what your prayer requests are for this week. Let me know if there are any updates or I will just repost the same ones from the last two weeks. Repetition is always a good thing! =)
--------------------------------------------------
Let's all congratulate Si with his new job! God is so good!
-------------------------------------------------
Yesterday night (Saturday), I had the opportunity to go to Universal Studios for the day and went to a David Crowder/Third Day concert at night. During the concert, there was a promotion for a project called Invisible Children. If you haven't heard of this, PLEASE check out their website by clicking on their name above. Also, if you haven't seen the movie yet, you really should. On the site, you can find a list of places where you can see the movie. You can also purchase the DVD and the proceed will help this project.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, we heard about Invisible Children at church yesterday too! It's awful. I think that should go on the prayer request list.

As for updated prayer requests for me, it would be great it you could pray for Nate. He is studying for his Oral Exam, which he will take the first week of May. Pray that God will reward all his hard effort and that I would be a supportive wife through this final push. Thanks!

Gracie said...

Hi Krisite! Great idea! I will put that on the prayer requests list this week. It totally puts my life in perspective when I have a bad day or something.

Have you seen the movie yet? It's really incredible.

Anonymous said...

You can pray for my job next year. The special ed. department is reorganizing so I'm not completely sure where I will be yet. It always hard to start at a new school. It's like beginning all over again.

Thanks
by the way, I know this is off topic, but have you hear of geocaching?

Gracie said...

Hey Kim! No, I've never heard for geocaching. What is it? I'm very interested. Let me know!

Anonymous said...

geocaching is some kind of scavenger hunt/treasure hunt that people participate in all over the world. Someone at work was just telling me about it. There is an official website for it and there are items hidden in every city that you find and then report back online. Sounds interesting.

Kim

Gracie said...

Ooooooooo. Sounds like fun. I will have to do a search on it and find out what it all entails. Are you going to join? =)

Anonymous said...

I think it sounds fun, but I might have to convince Dominic. It's kid-of like playing the Amazing Race, but on a smaller scale.