Sunday, March 12, 2006

Prayer Time!

So, I had the post all ready and pushed the "Publish Post" button, only to find out that it wasn't going to publish and completely deleted what I had done. So, here I go again.

This week, I read this chapter in a book that talked about boldly confessing God's word and following that the author says that from the moment you wake up, we need to begin our day by speaking words of faith and victory. I shared this idea with my dear friend, Gina, and I've asked her to join me in doing this. So, if this is something that you would like to do, please join us. It's fairly easy. Here are the steps:

1. Purchase notecards or make some.
2. Find and write down scriptures on cards, particularly those that apply to your life situation. 3. Every morning, grab them before getting out of bed, and declare them aloud with faith and confidence.
4. If you want, share with us your experience(s).
5. If you find a verse or verses and would like to share them, please do by posting a comment.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Below are the prayer requests for this week. I've divided them up into different days of the week. Pray for that particular request(s) throughout that day. Let us know if anything changed and/or if you have new request(s)! Happy Praying! =)

Monday
The Vencels: Si had interviewed two weeks ago for a marketing position at a local hospital. We've been waiting to hear, and last week we got a call asking him to come in for a second interview. Yippee!! That is a praise. And now the request: please pray that he excels in his interview on Monday morning at 9am (for some, it's TODAY!), and that the Lord's will prevails in regard to acquiring this job.

Tuesday
Grace: Pray for a job for me! I turned in my resume for the job that I really would like. Praise God for helping me write my cover letter! Now, I'm just waiting to hear back and waiting is the hardest part. Pray for patience. Pray that I will have clarity in the direction that God has for me. Praise God for the peace that I feel about my life!

Abby: Pray for her 3-month review that's coming up anytime now. She's never gone through any kind of evaluation like this before, so she's quite nervous. Pray that she will be motivated to start working out again.

Wednesday
Kristie: Prayer for wisdom regarding our current and future plans (job, home, etc...) and that I would continue to find contentment in what God has for me today.

Gina: Pray for a job for Paul. Waiting to see if he got into the Police Academy. Pray for a baby and God's timing.

Thursday
Rahime: For her friend, Ruth, for a smooth transition in tutoring with her. Praise God for finding her so quickly! Praise for Lauren's current stability and continue prayer for her growth and healing.

Kim: Pray for her kids at school. They go through so much and it is a miracle they are even able to learn with all that is on their minds.

Friday
C: Pray for M. He is having surgery on the 24th on his palate and then both feet. First, of course, for his safety during surgery and success of the procedures. But also for recovery, that he would not get any infections, that he would not be allergic to any of the painkillers. He will need to be restrained by the arms, plus have both feet in casts for a few weeks, so also prayer for C, that she will know how to stimulate his mind and keep him occupied when he basically cannot move. And also patience on the part of the rest of the family while she is focused on M.

**Let us know if:
1. You have any more requests. I'll post it on next week's list.
2. Anything happened!
3. You want to share your experience.**

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you all for praying for Si this morning! His interview went VERY well. By the end, they were using "you," as in "you will sit here and do such-and-such." We thought this was a very good sign. In all, he felt VERY good about it. So now all we have to do is pray he gets the job. I think this could be a job that he really likes! Thanks, girls!

Anonymous said...

He got the job!!!

Anonymous said...

That's exciting! Jobs are great! Tell him congratulations from us! =)