First of all, I just want to say that I'm so proud that I have a group of friends that are willing to commit in prayer for one another. It is so powerful and I'm so grateful for each one of you. Secondly, it's so awesome to see how prayers are being answered and God's work in all the situations. I just want to say that I have amazing friends.
This week, I want to encourage you again to pick a time to fast. If you need instructions, please click on this past post.
So, here are the prayer requests for this week:
Kim: You can continue to pray for my job next year. They are revamping the entire special ed. program which means I can be placed at any of the 42 schools in the district. Please pray that I will feel confident wherever I am and that God will continue to use me in the lives of these hurting children.
Rahime: Here's an update: My friend has started working with me. She's great. We can keep praying that we find a few more students for her. I talked to Lauren, and she's doing well too. She got a job at a law office that basically fell into her lap. Praise God! Pray that it'll help build her confidence.
Brandy: Our nephew, M., came out of surgery on Friday. The next 10 days are critical for his recovery and the whole family's sanity. M. is VERY MAD that his feet are in casts. He also is being fed through his stomach tube rather than his mouth (to let it heal), and this also ticks him off! He is one MAD little boy. =) But he must not be in too much pain if he has the energy to complain about things. On Monday, he will have some stitches removed, and then on Friday they will fix one of the tubes in his ears (it filled with fluid and he can't hear out of it until they fix it). I think that is all I know for now...Keep praying for them!
Pray for Si, he's official first day at the new job is on Monday, so prayers for our transition would be much appreciated.
Abby: Praise God. Had her 3-months interview on Friday and it went really well!
Kristie: Pray for Nate. He is studying for his Oral Exam, which he will take the first week of May. Pray that God will reward all his hard effort and that I would be a supportive wife through this final push. Thanks!
Gina: Things are starting to move along with the LBPD. Last week, they started their background check with neighbors, co-workers, friends and family. Pray for continue guidance with the whole process.
Grace: Most of you know that I've been volunteering at Open Doors and last week, one of the lady told me they are trying to make it into a paid position for me. So, right now, they are just waiting to see if they have the money in the budget for it. It would be a temp job for right now. So, pray that they are able to find the money and hire me on for the time being. I'm also in the process, well, waiting to be exact, for a position that I've applied for weeks ago. I just found out that they aren't starting the hiring process till April. Just pray for me as I continue to wait and for strength. I'm just so tired of waiting!
For for my friends, the Zahrndts. They just became foster parents to two teenage kids. One has really bad health problems and needs a lot of attention. They also have 3 kids of their own. They are such courageous people and felt that God has opened this opportunity up to them. Pray for their transition and guidance during this time.
Invisible Children: Pray for the Invisible Children Project. Pray for their upcoming project in the US, Global Night Commute on April 29th. This is a gathering where people can experience what thousands of children in Uganda experience each night: they leave their homes out of fear of abduction and walk miles into town to sleep. Pray that the people organizing this event and those who are participating.
**Once again, if you haven't seen the documentary, please find a screening and go to it. OR buy the DVD and host a house party. They have kits to help you host a house party on their website.**
So, here are the prayer requests for this week:
Kim: You can continue to pray for my job next year. They are revamping the entire special ed. program which means I can be placed at any of the 42 schools in the district. Please pray that I will feel confident wherever I am and that God will continue to use me in the lives of these hurting children.
Rahime: Here's an update: My friend has started working with me. She's great. We can keep praying that we find a few more students for her. I talked to Lauren, and she's doing well too. She got a job at a law office that basically fell into her lap. Praise God! Pray that it'll help build her confidence.
Brandy: Our nephew, M., came out of surgery on Friday. The next 10 days are critical for his recovery and the whole family's sanity. M. is VERY MAD that his feet are in casts. He also is being fed through his stomach tube rather than his mouth (to let it heal), and this also ticks him off! He is one MAD little boy. =) But he must not be in too much pain if he has the energy to complain about things. On Monday, he will have some stitches removed, and then on Friday they will fix one of the tubes in his ears (it filled with fluid and he can't hear out of it until they fix it). I think that is all I know for now...Keep praying for them!
Pray for Si, he's official first day at the new job is on Monday, so prayers for our transition would be much appreciated.
Abby: Praise God. Had her 3-months interview on Friday and it went really well!
Kristie: Pray for Nate. He is studying for his Oral Exam, which he will take the first week of May. Pray that God will reward all his hard effort and that I would be a supportive wife through this final push. Thanks!
Gina: Things are starting to move along with the LBPD. Last week, they started their background check with neighbors, co-workers, friends and family. Pray for continue guidance with the whole process.
Grace: Most of you know that I've been volunteering at Open Doors and last week, one of the lady told me they are trying to make it into a paid position for me. So, right now, they are just waiting to see if they have the money in the budget for it. It would be a temp job for right now. So, pray that they are able to find the money and hire me on for the time being. I'm also in the process, well, waiting to be exact, for a position that I've applied for weeks ago. I just found out that they aren't starting the hiring process till April. Just pray for me as I continue to wait and for strength. I'm just so tired of waiting!
For for my friends, the Zahrndts. They just became foster parents to two teenage kids. One has really bad health problems and needs a lot of attention. They also have 3 kids of their own. They are such courageous people and felt that God has opened this opportunity up to them. Pray for their transition and guidance during this time.
Invisible Children: Pray for the Invisible Children Project. Pray for their upcoming project in the US, Global Night Commute on April 29th. This is a gathering where people can experience what thousands of children in Uganda experience each night: they leave their homes out of fear of abduction and walk miles into town to sleep. Pray that the people organizing this event and those who are participating.
**Once again, if you haven't seen the documentary, please find a screening and go to it. OR buy the DVD and host a house party. They have kits to help you host a house party on their website.**
No comments:
Post a Comment