Last Thursday, I forced myself to go to the gym at 3:30 PM. I like to go at that time because I can watch Oprah while I'm exercising. That's what I call multi-tasking. =) Anyway, I caught the last bit of her show in which she interviewed a father and his handicapped son, Dick & Rick Hoyt. This was an amazing interview. I almost starting balling on the Elliptical. But good thing, I kept myself together through it all. This story is just so inspirational. So, please click on the two links below which will direct you to a short interview of who they are and a music video of their journey. You can also click on their names above to get to their website.
*Tissues are advised, but not required.*
Dick & Rick Hoyt Video 1 (This requires Windows Media Player)
Dick & Rick Hoyt Video 2 (This one you will have a choice between Windows Media Player or Quick Time. On the WMP, you can right click and have it become full screen. You may also want to turn the volume up on this because it just makes it so much better.)
Be inspired!
*Tissues are advised, but not required.*
Dick & Rick Hoyt Video 1 (This requires Windows Media Player)
Dick & Rick Hoyt Video 2 (This one you will have a choice between Windows Media Player or Quick Time. On the WMP, you can right click and have it become full screen. You may also want to turn the volume up on this because it just makes it so much better.)
Be inspired!
2 comments:
I saw that Oprah and only wish I was also at the gym instead of on my couch. Anyway, I started crying. What a moving story. I loved hearing the dad speak about how his son saved his life (according to doctors he would have had a fatal heart attack, instead of the mild one he had if he had not been in such great shape) and when he said something like his son is the real athlete and he is just lending him his legs. How beautiful. It makes me think of how we are Christ's hands and feet and how he uses our bodies and abilities to accomplish his work. I also felt inspired.
Hi Kim. Isn't it such a beautiful story? I love your example of Christ's hands and feet. It's so true!
Thanks for sharing this with us!
Post a Comment