Thursday, December 15, 2005

It's Over!

I officially ended my employment today at University Praise. It's kind of weird to think that I won't be back there ever again. As I walked out, I just stood at the door way looking at the empty room. I didn't really feel sad or anything. I don't think that it's really going to hit me until I return from Taiwan and not having to go to work. That's when it will all hit me.

The most annoying thing out of all this is that those who made the decision to let me go are saying things and asking questions like:
"We're sorry that this happened."
"Do you have something lined up?"
"What are you going to do?"
"Oh please, don't forget about us."
"What? You won't be attending UP anymore?"

Okay. Ummmm...the whole time I'm just thinking:
"You must be kidding me, right? What in the world are you thinking about when you ask me these questions? Do you think that I would actually tell you anything? Are you really sorry? Ummm, yeah, I will forget about you. No, I won't be attending UP anymore. Moving on to something better. Why are you still talking to me? Go away."

Of course I don't actually say that. I smile and nod and look interested. I don't mind it if people I actually care for ask me those questions, but others, just forget about it. UP was a great experience for me, but now I must move on. Know too much inside stuff and don't want to support it as an outsider. It sounds awful for me to abandon this place that I've poured countless hours, energy and excuses for. But that is precisely why I need to move on. For just a while, I need to be at a place where I can just worship and not be held accountable to anything. I'm really looking forward to that! Now, I just need to find a place. I'll worry about that when I return from Taiwan.

I've also been trying to look for job opportunities. Of course, the ones that I'm actually interested in probably won't ever contact me and the ones that I'm not interested in but could probably do it, I don't want to apply for it. Am I just being too picky? Nothing really pops out at me at this point. Please, I ask that you will pray for me through this whole process. I would really appreciate that.

Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Grace,

Sorry to hear you fled the country! Just kidding. Thanks for calling me today to let me know you were leaving. I will miss you while you are gone, so you better keep this blog updated with all the details of your adventure.

After reading this posting, my observation is that the way that the church went about firing you really hurt you. I'm so sorry! It makes me sad that these issues weren't dealt with in a more Christlike manner. I totally understand why you would question someone telling you that they are sorry this happened when they are the very people who did this to you!

For a long time, I was praying that you would be separated from UP, and I think you knew this, but I still am sad to see that it happened this way for you. I hope you remember that verse about how God can take something meant for evil and still use it for good. He can work all things out for the good of His righteous ones! And really, I don't think this was meant for evil. It was just a lack of wisdom and forethought more than anything.

I will pray that your time with your parents is a healing one for you. God be with you!

Love, Brandy