Last night, my friend invited me to go to Women of Faith. I normally wouldn't even think about attending things like this...a bunch of strange Christian women/estrogen gathered together is not my ideal choice of spending my Friday night or time. But I wanted to hang with my friend and it was free, so I went. To my surprise, I actually enjoyed it. We heard from Patsy Clairmont (HI-LARIOUS!), Rich Stearns (AH-MAZING! He's the CEO of World Vision, which is currently where my friend, Ange works), and lastly Steven Curtis Chapman performed (SPEECHLESS!).
I haven't listened to Steven Curtis Chapman since my college days. I remember my friend Gina and I would always belt out "We will abandon it all for the sake of the call!" I have his recent album on my iPod, but haven't listened to it in awhile. But last night, I was reminded why I love his music so much. All his songs are from his heart and personal experiences. It has depth and meaning to it. I pretty much cried the whole time he performed. I am now going to upload all his cds that I have onto my iPod and blast it! He's coming out with a new album soon and he debuted "Heaven is the Face" last night. This is a song dedicated to his daughter that tragically died last year. Yup, I think all 15,000 women were pretty much balling at the end. I CANNOT wait for the new album to come out. I HEART SCC!
2 comments:
Me too! Paul just said last night that he wants to be the first person to buy SCC's new album. :)
I love "S-C-Squared" too! ;-) I never get tired of my old favorites of his. That's so cool that you got to hear him live!
Post a Comment