So, during my week of fasting from the WWW, 4 days in a row I would wake up exactly at 4:20 or 4:23. It was the weirdest thing. I figured that it was God trying to tell me something but wasn't quite sure what it was. So, the first time it happened, I thought it was a verse, so immediately I thought of Isaiah 4:20. To my luck, Isaiah 4:20 does not exist. :) So, I thought of 4:2. It reads:
"In that day the Branch of the Lord will be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the land will be the pride and glory of the survivor in Israel."
It was a great verse and every time I find a great verse that has to do with trees or branches, I email it to Elaine. So, I did. She thanked me for the verse. But in my heart it still wasn't quite THAT verse God wanted me to read.
I told Elaine about me waking up at those times and she encouraged me to go to Biblegateway.com and go through every 4:20-23 in the Bible. I went through the first 5 books in the Old Testament, but nothing stood out. I was determined to look through about 5 books a day just to find the perfect verse!
Then yesterday morning, my co-worker had a doctor's appointment in the morning and she was feeling very anxious about it. So I told her the day before that I wanted to pray with her. So, I was going through the different verses on healing and came across Proverbs 4:20-23. It reads:
"My son, pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to a man's whole body. Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life."
I was pretty amazed, but it still wasn't the ONE.
Then this morning, I had the urge to read about the Israelites crossing the Jordan River. I started reading it but I had such a great urge to read v. 20-23 and v. 24 just to see what it says.
"And Joshua set up at Gilgal the twelve stones they had taken out of the Jordan. He said to the Israelites, 'In the future when your descendants ask their fathers, 'What do these stones mean?' tell them, 'Israel crossed the Jordan on dry ground. For the Lord your God dried up the Jordan before you until you had crossed over. The Lord your God did to the Jordan just what he had done to the Red Sea when he dried up before us untl we had crossed over. He did this so that all the peoples of the earth might know that the hand of the Lord is powerful and so that ou might always fear the Lord your God."
This was what I was looking for!!!! See, on Thursday night, Elaine and I had our weekly prayer/soaking time. God gave me a word to share with her and it was this story. Except at that time I could not remember the reference for the life of me! She knew what I was talking about, but couldn't recall the reference either. So, ever since then it's been on my heart to find it...and I did this morning!!! I'm so excited that I'm now blogging about it. :)
God speaks to us in many different ways. It can be simply waking you up at a certain time each day to actually speaking to you in an audible voice. But however you "hear" from Him, if something happens three times or more, take into consideration that He's trying to get your attention and that you need to take action on it.
I woke up Jan. 1, 2008 with Him telling me that this is going to be a great year. A year full of adventures and new things. AND believe me it has been...a very joyous one and I'm still experiencing all the things He's showering me with. I love it!!! Changes are ahead. I no longer fear it like I usually would. I am quite excited and can't wait!!!!
"In that day the Branch of the Lord will be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the land will be the pride and glory of the survivor in Israel."
It was a great verse and every time I find a great verse that has to do with trees or branches, I email it to Elaine. So, I did. She thanked me for the verse. But in my heart it still wasn't quite THAT verse God wanted me to read.
I told Elaine about me waking up at those times and she encouraged me to go to Biblegateway.com and go through every 4:20-23 in the Bible. I went through the first 5 books in the Old Testament, but nothing stood out. I was determined to look through about 5 books a day just to find the perfect verse!
Then yesterday morning, my co-worker had a doctor's appointment in the morning and she was feeling very anxious about it. So I told her the day before that I wanted to pray with her. So, I was going through the different verses on healing and came across Proverbs 4:20-23. It reads:
"My son, pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to a man's whole body. Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life."
I was pretty amazed, but it still wasn't the ONE.
Then this morning, I had the urge to read about the Israelites crossing the Jordan River. I started reading it but I had such a great urge to read v. 20-23 and v. 24 just to see what it says.
"And Joshua set up at Gilgal the twelve stones they had taken out of the Jordan. He said to the Israelites, 'In the future when your descendants ask their fathers, 'What do these stones mean?' tell them, 'Israel crossed the Jordan on dry ground. For the Lord your God dried up the Jordan before you until you had crossed over. The Lord your God did to the Jordan just what he had done to the Red Sea when he dried up before us untl we had crossed over. He did this so that all the peoples of the earth might know that the hand of the Lord is powerful and so that ou might always fear the Lord your God."
This was what I was looking for!!!! See, on Thursday night, Elaine and I had our weekly prayer/soaking time. God gave me a word to share with her and it was this story. Except at that time I could not remember the reference for the life of me! She knew what I was talking about, but couldn't recall the reference either. So, ever since then it's been on my heart to find it...and I did this morning!!! I'm so excited that I'm now blogging about it. :)
God speaks to us in many different ways. It can be simply waking you up at a certain time each day to actually speaking to you in an audible voice. But however you "hear" from Him, if something happens three times or more, take into consideration that He's trying to get your attention and that you need to take action on it.
I woke up Jan. 1, 2008 with Him telling me that this is going to be a great year. A year full of adventures and new things. AND believe me it has been...a very joyous one and I'm still experiencing all the things He's showering me with. I love it!!! Changes are ahead. I no longer fear it like I usually would. I am quite excited and can't wait!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment