Sunday, September 23, 2007

WHY? WHY? WHY?

Why do guys think it's cool to talk about girls as if they were a piece of meat? Yesterday night, we were at a USC football game and we got stuck in front a row of guys. With these guys, there were 2 girls. Anyway, throughout the game, they would make comments about the cheerleaders and how they wish they can see more. Why? Why do they make stupid comments like that in front of their girlfriends and in front (or in back) of us? We can hear EVERYTHING! It doesn't make them sound smart. In fact, it makes them sound STUPID! Do they think that it makes them sound all that? Because it doesn't. Who taught these boys that it's ok to say those things aloud? I'm sure everyone around them who heard their comments were disgusted by them. I really can't stand stupid people and these guys definitely falls under that category.

For all those who have little boys, brothers, boyfriends, husbands...please teach them to RESPECT girls. Teach them not to make comments or gestures that would make girls feel like a piece of meat or whore. Seriously, I've been meeting both married and unmarried men lately and I just keep being disappointed in them. So, my mission...to keep hoping that there are decent men out there, but I think my hope is coming to an end...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, it seems that the majority of males have no deliberate upbringing, no training in manners or decency at all. :(

By the way, my sister was at that game with Noah!

Anonymous said...

So sorry about that Grace! Football can tend to bring out the worst in men. We have had lots of encounters with drunk law students behind us at football games.... only with them it was usually just string upon string of profanity. And the occasional fall onto one of us innocent females. Ahhh, I miss those days! =)

Anonymous said...

Amen sister! We, meaning women in general, must allow men to do this or they would stop.