Friday night we had a youth event at our office called "Locked Up." This is a simulation in which the youth and their leaders undergo to get a tiny glimpse of what being persecuted is all about. Of course none of us will ever understand the degree that others go through for their faith around the world, but this at least opens up their eyes and help them be aware of it.
The event was very successful. Everyone pitched in and turned our office from a newly renovated building to a dark, cold prison. God was incredibly good to us and worked out all the little and big details. It was truly amazing because you can just feel His presence throughout. When the night ended, we heard a lot of good responses from the kids and that made me so proud to be part of Open Doors. If you or know of anyone that would be interested in Locked Up, please check out the My Space account by clicking here or simply by contacting Open Doors.
This coming Thursday, July 12th, we will be presenting this simulation during one of the sessions to about 125 youth pastors and youth leaders at Saddleback Church. We have this great opportunity to present this during their Purpose Driven Youth Conference. Can you pray for us for the following:
-God will move the hearts of the leaders
-All the logistics, big and small, will fall into place...smoothly
-For the volunteers and the big undertaking it's going to take
-God's WILL will be accomplished
I have a great passion for this event. I am sad that I will not be there for it. I love my co-workers who has put in many, many hours to make this event work in such a short amount of time. I love what God is doing in the midst of this craziness. I love everything about this simulation. And I know, those who are reading this blog, know how passionate I can be about things and only a few make it on my blog. And this is one of them.
So, there it is. This is my little "plug" for Locked Up. :) Hope you enjoy it and will become part of this great event! :) I love you friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment