Thursday, May 17, 2007

DETOX.

Well, today is the first day of my detox. I did this detox 1.5 years ago and was satisfied, so I thought "why not just do it again?! " Sooooooooooooooo...I dragged my friend Kim (the Asian one) alongside with me. I hope I can make it through and that she will hold me accountable and encourage me.

For the first week all we can have is our shakes, unlimited fruits and veggies and a bizillion pills three times a day.

Second and third week are the same as the first except with different pills. I also get to add meat for one of the meals but Kim doesn't. So I'm not telling Kim this because it wouldn't be fair to her. "Why does she get to eat meat?" you might be asking. Since I've done this before, the doctor modified my program and meat was added in for me.

The fourth week we drink our shake for breakfast, fruits and veggies for lunch and dinner we can add meat and bread.

The fifth week is back to normal eating.

Why am I doing this? To get rid of unwanted toxins and to lose some weight. To hopefully get me back on track to eating healthy. To take care of the body that God has given me.

So, if I see you in the next few weeks, please don't be mean and try to tempt me with goodies. :) If you do, I will fight you off with my carrot and celery sticks!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uhhh, I very much WILL tempt you with treats when we go to Boston. You know me better than that...! Grace, how could you?! (This is said in my Drew voice: "Becca, we have a test on Tuesday!!!" But maybe only Bex gets that one....)

Gracie said...

I'm sorry Kristie! The timing of it all wasn't what I wanted. I am craving for everything under the sun right now. But I am excited that by the time I go I will be able to have bread, avacadoes, meat, eggs and organic bars. So much better than just fruits and veggies right now. :) See you soon!

Anonymous said...

BOSTON!

Okay. Now I'm jealous. I mean, there is no way I can go, but still it sounds like an adventure...

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Brandy. Without talking Grace into a pizookie, I don't see how it's going to be any fun at all..... hee-hee :) By the way, I had a dream last night that you and E. came to visit me at my house in Indiana. I believe this dream to be prophetic, and since we're moving in August, you better get him on Expedia quickly.... =)

Gracie said...

You two are silly.

Kristie...pizookie? Really? Have I told you guys that because I can't have any junk food no one can either? JUST KIDDING! I will be carrying my Cookies n' Cream organic Lara bar with me and that will be like having dessert. :)