Thursday, October 05, 2006

SO?

WHAT DID YOU THINK OF LOST LAST NIGHT?!

PLEASE SHARE!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, in a word I was....lost. =) It felt like a different show, with lots of different characters. I'm still trying to figure out the first scene. It looked to me like there was a community of people living on the island, sort of like a utopian society. They didn't appear to cause the plane crash, but they seemed very quick to respond to it.

Anonymous said...

Like Kris, I found a lot of it to be unclear. But I often feel that way about the show.

What I found myself wondering was whether or not the new girl--Julie or Juliette?--was somehow formerly romantically involved with the head guy (Ben? I don't remember his name either), and so in a way parallelling the disintegration of Jack's marriage that was shown in the flashbacks. I predict that Kate ends up with Sawyer and Jack and Juliette become an item.

I'm probably wrong, but it's fun to lay it all on the line and make a prediction.

Oh! And Si thought there was some significance in the beginning when Julie/Juliette said she thought she was the only one left who believed in free will.

Anonymous said...

Remeber last year when Juliette's voice was talking to those guys on the plane and they said something like "We found him"? I think I remember seeing her picture with someone on a nightstand in a previous episode. We were trying to put all that together. I did think the first episode was a little boring compared to others, but I'm sure it must begin that way to build the story.

Gracie said...

So, I'm going to borrow Season 2 from a friend to watch again. I feel like I remember bits and pieces, but not enough. Like Kristie, I feel lost...more lost. Don't you feel like you have this love/hate relationship with this show? I love the show, but I hate the fact that there are so many things going on all at once! Have you guys gone on the Darma Initiative and/or Hanso Foundation site lately?

Anonymous said...

Grace, I forgot the link for those websites. Do you have them? Si and I like to poke around there sometimes.

And Kim! I thought I recognized Juliette from somewhere else, but halfway through I started thinking maybe it was just another TV show or movie she was once it. You are making me want to go back and watch some reruns...

Anonymous said...

Yes, I thought Juliette looked familiar also, but I don't think that she is the woman from the end of Season Two. I can't explain the difference-- it's just a hunch. But then again, I'm not sure of anything anymore.

I'm also not sure whether Juliette is loyal and submissive to the leadership of Henry Gale/"Ben" or if she is actually sympathetic toward Jack's plight. Her compassion seemed pretty convincing-- but this is exactly what makes me afraid to trust her!

Anonymous said...

This conversation is too fun.

Okay, I was thinking about the end of season two. I, too, don't know if Juliette is the same as the woman in the "we found him" scene. But my impressions upon viewing that at the time was that she was the exgirlfriend/fiance whatever to Desmond who had all the money to keep looking for him and had somehow picked up on the weird magnetic field thingie (that's some technical language, I know!) that happened on the island.

At one point, I had also thought that Juliette looked too much like Jack's exwife. So the question is: does Abrams pick women who look similar in order to confuse us, or should he really start getting some variety here? :)

And, Kristie, I totally agree that it is hard to figure out who to trust in this thing. When she was complimented at the end for her good work, her face was so ambivalent!

Can't wait until Wednesday...