Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I SURVIVED!

So, I had the wonderful privilege to housesit for the CFO. The responsibility came with 3 kids (11, 6 and 4) and 2 cats (we all know how I LOVE pets). It was for 2 days, 1 night. I mean, in one minute I had to get all three kids ready for school, feed them breakfast, drop them off at school and daycare. I was driving around with a carseat and a booster chair! Then went to work and then fought traffic to pick them up from school and daycare. Feed them dinner, help with homework and get them ready for bed. For 93% of the time, they were very respectful and obedient. Overall, I had a good time.

I know it was only for a short period of time, but I have a few stories to tell about them already. I was very surprised at them and at myself. I even miss them a little bit tonight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that funny how you get attached? After Paul and I spent our 3 days and 3 nights of house/baby/pet-sitting, we actually did miss the kids when we left. We were very happy to be in our own home after that, but we definitely got attached. That's cool that you got to do that. Isn't it an honor to be asked and trusted with such responsibility?

Anonymous said...

Either you're a better person than me or you had better kids, because when Nate and I did a similar deal with a family a couple years ago, we were soooo ready to be done! Our house was so nice and quiet upon returning! :)

I'm glad you had a great experience. That's a good way to gain appreciation for parents.

Gracie said...

Kristie: I think I just got great kids. I've been in situations before where the kids were just wild and annoying. Minutes seemed like days and they just drove me nuts! By the time the parents got back, I basically ran out of there! The behavior of the kids sets the mood to how things will go.