"I want to be beautiful and make you stand in awe. Look inside my heart and be AMAZED. I want to hear you say who I am is quite enough. I just want to be worthy of love and beautiful." Bethany Dillon, "Beautiful"
Sunday, October 22, 2006
Another Recommendation...
THE PRESTIGE and THE ILLUSIONIST.
Go and see it.
If you saw it, I would love to hear what you thought!
6 comments:
Anonymous
said...
i haven't seen it, but i want you to know i just saw the blog entry about...me!! how cool. =) thanx, Grace. You're a good friend too, & I am soooooo blessed to know you.
I have seen both.... I liked them both for different reasons. Really had to think about each of them for awhile afterward to figure out elements of the story.
Thanks, Grace! I have been reading for awhile, just never commented before.
Brandy, neither movie was scary in a horror-flick kind of way, but both had some rather dark elements. There were a couple of moments during The Prestige where I couldn't watch (involving birds in magic tricks) because I am a wimp. Otherwise, the movie gave me a lot to think about. Nick and I saw it on Friday and were still talking about it yesterday trying to work out some of the plot.
Rebecca: I'm so glad that you are commenting! It's always nice to have a new voice on here! :) How are you feeling these days?
Brandy: The movies aren't scary. They have parts that you might want to cover your eyes, but it's not like "horror" or anything. I thought both movies were very clever. It's like Sixth Sense. It was a very clever movie. Hope this helps! Can't wait till you see the movies!
6 comments:
i haven't seen it, but i want you to know i just saw the blog entry about...me!! how cool. =) thanx, Grace. You're a good friend too, & I am soooooo blessed to know you.
Love ya,
Abs
I have seen both.... I liked them both for different reasons. Really had to think about each of them for awhile afterward to figure out elements of the story.
Rebecca! Hi! Wow, this is your first response on my blog. Welcome!
I enjoyed both of the movies a lot. After the Prestige, we couldn't stop talking about it. I love those movies that makes you think afterwards.
Was The Prestige scary? The Illusionist didn't look like it was (it is on my wait list for Netflix), but I was wondering about The Prestige...
I am a wimp and scary movies give me bad dreams. :)
Thanks, Grace! I have been reading for awhile, just never commented before.
Brandy, neither movie was scary in a horror-flick kind of way, but both had some rather dark elements. There were a couple of moments during The Prestige where I couldn't watch (involving birds in magic tricks) because I am a wimp. Otherwise, the movie gave me a lot to think about. Nick and I saw it on Friday and were still talking about it yesterday trying to work out some of the plot.
Rebecca: I'm so glad that you are commenting! It's always nice to have a new voice on here! :) How are you feeling these days?
Brandy: The movies aren't scary. They have parts that you might want to cover your eyes, but it's not like "horror" or anything. I thought both movies were very clever. It's like Sixth Sense. It was a very clever movie. Hope this helps! Can't wait till you see the movies!
Post a Comment