Hi.
So, I FINALLY watched Pride and Prejudice, the A&E version, with Colin Firth. I've attempted to watch it once about two years ago, but fell asleep within the first 1/2 hour, so I decided it was too boring for me. Then my friend, Elaine, told me that I needed to watch it with her and that she will help me get through the first 1/2 hour. We started the movie two weeks ago. We were only able to make it through 2 hours of it and I had to go home and go to bed for work the next day. We just finished the last 2.5 hours of it yesterday night. Although the second half was a little better, I still didn't enjoy it as much as I should. I think I need to watch it when I have a lot of energy. Every time I've watched it, it's been after a long day at work. That doesn't mix too well. But I loved the customs and music! Does that count? And no, I haven't read the book either. So, I need to get on that.
Don't you ever feel that TIME is just flying by? Can you believe that it's May? I mean, half of the year is almost gone! Where has the time gone? I feel like LIFE happened without me knowing it half of the time! I remember when I was young and how time went by SO SLOW! A minute felt like ETERNITY. Now, I want to enjoy THAT minute. Why is time going by fast? I feel like there are days where I'm just going and going and I have to remind myself to breathe, eat and drink (water). How did life get so busy?
A group of us will be meeting this Saturday for our first book club meeting. I will be leading the discussion on the book "The Dream Giver" by Bruce Wilkinson. If you haven't read this, I highly recommend it. It's very short and fast read. So, I'm just curious...What is YOUR dream? What's one thing you have a passion or desire to do? I would love to hear from you, so don't be shy to comment!
Hope to hear from each of you soon!
6 comments:
My dream is for you to read and love Pride & Prejudice. =)
"I get lost in the language-- words like 'thither', and 'felicity'. . . Read it-- I know you'll love it!"
Kristie:
You've Got Mail???
Yes!
I think "anonymous" and I would get along well.
Grace, you really do have to read P&P, but I know what you mean about time going fast. It seems like months these days are going by in a week's time....I feel like it was January just a couple weeks ago, but my calendar say's it's been months.
BTW speaking of reading, have you read secret life of bees yet? I'm curious to know what you thought.
Want to know my secret dream? (Well, besides getting Grace to LOVE P&P, but it seems the rest of you are doing a fine job at that today!) I want a little teensy tiny farm. Basically, a milk goat (due to dairy allergies) and some chickens to go with the garden we planted. Si thinks I'm crazy. =)
i am so glad you are reading or have read the dream giver. isn't it great? when it first came out i seriously felt like everything that i read was what i was experiencing and i would have expressed it all on paper if i had the words. i have read it 3 or 4 times already and it has not stopped encouraging me. i am reading joel olsteens book as you suggested, i am not finished with it yet though. so far i think it's pretty good. love ya lots,
abs
Post a Comment