It doesn't seem right for me to share my fun and wild weekend after watching a documentary on North Korea. It's called "Seoul Train." I am fairly disturbed and very angry. I cannot even begin to tell you how I feel about this whole situation. I hate getting myself so wrapped up in these documentaries because I want to help them all but I can't. All I can really do at this point is to raise awareness to my friends, family and others. To constantly pray for these people. To do all that I can to help these causes. That's really all I can do.
I feel so silly to think that my life is so hard when compared to these people I have it good. I live in a country where I don't have to worry about being persecuted for my faith. I don't have to plan out an escape route and risk my life for a better life. I don't have to worry about being publicly executed for wanting a better life. I don't have to worry about not having food to eat, a bed to sleep in, a car to drive, a job, etc... I have it all. How silly am I to think that I'm going through tough times when there are obviously people out there suffering more than me? I'm so disgusted with myself.
My roommate asked me what I was watching and I told her. She said that she always try to avoid things like this so that she won't have to think or worry about it. That really disappointed me that people have that kind of attitude and mentality. I mean it's one thing if you never hear about it and another if you are making a decision to avoid it.
Anyway, that's me on my little soapbox.
Here's what I did on Saturday. I got all dressed up and wore long, big earrings. We went to LA to hear a band play at a bar then headed off to another bar/club for dancing.
2 comments:
And I thought a pedicure was going to be "wild"....
Where did you find this documentary? What made you decide to watch it?
Hey Kristie. Well, working for Open Doors has opened up a whole new world of things to me. I heard about "Seoul Train" from here. Next week is the North Korea Freedom Week. A group of advocates from Open Doors will be spending the week at Washington DC. And in Orange County/LA region, they are having showing of this at different places. And next Friday, there will be a Prayer Vigil in front of the Chinese Embassy in LA that the majority of the office will be attending.
Part of the special features, they show a public executions of those who were caught trying to escape and those who survived are basically taken into labor camps. I just can't even begin to fathom the thought of that.
If you have a chance, you should really check out the site at www.seoultrain.com. But the documentary is definitely worth seeing.
Post a Comment