Sunday, February 12, 2006

Can You Guess?

I've actually taken the liberty to write down quotes from this movie, which has become my all time favorite. It's such a great movie. Lots of great quotes. Can you guess the movie?

Scene 1:
Girl: You think I care about that? I do understand. You're an artist, man. You're job is to break through barriers. Not accept blame & say: "Thank you, I'm a loser, I'll go away now. Phil's mean to mean..." So what? Waa, waa, waa (crying sound).
Boy: I don't cry.
Girl: So you've failed.
Boy: You don't understand.
Girl: Alright, you really failed, failed, failed, failed, failed, failed, failed... You want to be really great? Then have the courage to fail big & stick around. Make them wonder why you are still smiling. That's true greatness to me. But don't listen to me. I'm a (her name).
Boy: (Pause) Thank you.
Girl: You're welcome. Now would you quit trying to break up with me? You're always trying to break up with me & we're not even together.
Boy: I know. Wait. We're not?
Girl: Of course not. We're substitute people, remember?

Scene 2:
Girl: I'm going to miss your lips & everything that's attached to it.

Scene 3:
Girl: Some music needs air. Roll down your window.
(a few minutes later)
Girl: Make time to dance alone! One hand waving free!

Scene 4:
Boy: No true fiasco ever began as a quest for mere adequacy. A motto of the British Special Service Air Force is: "Those who risk, win." A single green vine shoot is able to grow through cement. The Pacific Northwestern Salmon beats itself bloody on its quest to travel hundreds of miles upstream against the current with a single purpose. Sex, of course. But also (pause)...Life.

Great movie. Great life quotes. Loved it, loved it, loved it!

Kris & Bex: Aren't you so proud of me or what?! =)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, every time something like this happened in college, I felt left out.

I still do... =)

Gracie said...

I know what you mean, Bran. I could never remember any lines for the life of me! That's why I actually had to turn on the subtitle, pause and write it down. I mean, if that doesn't show how much I love this movie, I don't know what will! =)

Anonymous said...

Well, congratulations girls, you finally managed to stump me. Now who's out of the loop? =)

I am very proud of your determination Grace. I knew you could do it! Keep quoting, and one day you too could be a "quote queen."

I have to say that my skills have deteriorated due to the geographical distance between me and Bex. Therefore, I blame her that I don't know the quote. That, and I don't think I've seen this movie. I'm glad you like it. It sounds interesting-- perhaps if I ever figure it out I'll see it. Maybe I"ll go watch every movie I've never seen until I recognize the quotes.... Or maybe you could just tell us. =)

Gracie said...

No, no, no. I like the fact that I stumped you, Kristie! So, I refuse to tell you right away. But I do think that you will greatly enjoy the movie. It's such a great movie. It sure didn't get enough theater time or promotion. Such a great movie. Give you a small hint: The movie came out in November 2005 (I think).

Anonymous said...

I want to know too!!

Gracie said...

I think there's only one person who knows about my passion for this movie that reads my blog. So, hopefully that person will respond soon. We'll see. Maybe this is a test to see how often that person reads my blog. ;) Hee Hee.

Gracie said...

I think there's only one person who knows about my passion for this movie that reads my blog. So, hopefully that person will respond soon. We'll see. Maybe this is a test to see how often that person reads my blog. ;) Hee Hee.

Anonymous said...

I know what it is, but I don't think I should give it away. It has the letters W E N Z in the title but not in that order.

Gracie said...

Kim: So, you're another one of my readers that knows the movie! Or at least knows that it's my favorite! Wasn't that a fabulous movie or what?

Okay, here are two more clues:

1. It doesn't take place in California.

2. Here's another quote:

Boy: Frankly, you could round it off to one billion dollars! (a few minutes later) And by the way, I didn't say a million. I said a billion! A billion dollars! That's a lot of million!

Gracie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I'm still curious about this...