Wow. Two posts in one day! I've never accomplished that before. Since I will be leaving the country for a few days, I wanted to let the readers know that I will not have Internet access where I'm going. So, I will not be blogging for the next 6-7 days. I know, really sad. I will resume blogging hopefully by next Tuesday.
I'm also going to try to upload pictures of my trip. We'll see how that goes since everything on this computer is in Chinese, I'm always guessing what the pop up window says and hoping that I'm not deleting any important files! We shall see!
Yesterday night, my mom took a friend and I to a steak dinner. It was quite good. It was only $6.00/per person. It also came with a salad bar, soup bar, dessert bar and of course other Chinese food. It was great! Six bucks for steak! You can also get Steak and Crab or Salmon for about $10. It's great.
Today, my mom bought a Tuna sandwich and corn chowder for $1.86! I mean, that's a whole meal! You can't hardly buy anything good for that price in California! I'm just in amazement. I knew things were cheap, but today, for some odd reason, it really caught my attention how cheaps things are here. I couldn't stop laughing when I asked my mom if it was for real and she said it was. I just laughed and laughed.
One last example. You know how we have $0.99 and Dollar Tree stores? Okay, you think that's cheap. Well, they have a store that sells stuff for $0.03! They have some really nice stuff! I'm chuckling to myself right now writing this. It's dirt cheap. Well, I think dirt actually cost more that that. =)
Oh yeah, you can buy a place for about $15,000-$20,000. Yeah, that's a down payment for a house in the States. Of course, you have to realize it's Taiwan, but with everything costing so little, you just have to wonder about things!
Anyway, I'll leave you now to ponder about this. If you recently did your 2006 budget and are all depressed (I am. Especially since I don't have a job), just think about living in Taiwan and how well off you would be with what you have! That should make you happy! =)
Signing off. Will return Tuesday. Pray for us on our trip!
Thanks!
4 comments:
We will miss you while you are gone!
By the way, I don't know ANYONE who did their 2006 budget and is depressed about it. =)
Hooray, I finally found your blog again. I look forward to seeing your posts when you return.
I found it too! And I also get very excited about cheap meals. "Do things like this ever give you a thrill?"
Hi peeps! Thanks for your comments. I'm so glad that you guys are reading my blog!
Kristie, so you found it too, huh? Well, when I get myself out there to visit, we will definitely have to go! Love cheap meals! =)
Post a Comment